Krycek made his Davis Cup debut finishing 9th in doubles late last year.
“They had five great days of preparation and, as expected, they were very sharp and got an early break in the first set. And after that it was like two freight trains, they were unstoppable,” said interim captain David Nainkin.
Then Denis Kudla beat Amir Milushev 6-4, 6-4.
The winners of the 12 qualifiers this weekend – six Friday-Saturday and six Saturday-Sunday – advance to the group stage of the Davis Cup Final in September, along with reigning Canadian champions, 2022 runners-up Australia and wild card holders. Italy and Spain.
Eight teams will take part in the final matches of the Davis Cup final, which will be held November 21-26 in Malaga, Spain.
In other matches on Saturday:
▪ France 3, Hungary 2: On indoor hard courts in Tatabánya, Hungary, Hugo Humbert won against the French by beating Fabian Marozsán 6-3, 6-3. Adrian Mannarino forced the decisive match by beating Marton Fuksovich 7-6 (6), 6-2.
▪ Serbia 4, Norway 0: On indoor hard courts in Oslo, the away side, who were not ranked Novak Djokovic, had a match canceled when Filip Krajinovic and Nikola Kacic beat Viktor Durasovic and Herman Hoyeraal 6-4, 3-6, 6-3. Then Hamad Mededovic outplayed Durasovic 6-4, 6-7, 10-4.
▪ Sweden 3, Bosnia 1: On indoor hard courts in Stockholm, Mikael Ymer put the hosts ahead by beating Damir Dzumhur 6:1, 1:6, 6:3.
▪ Croatia 2, Austria 0: On indoor hard courts in Rijeka, Croatia, Borna Gojo pinned 2020 US Open champion Dominic Thiem 6-3, 7-6 (2). Borna Coric opened the tie for the two-time top ranked Davis Cup champions by beating Dennis Novak 6-3, 7-5.
▪ Argentina 1, Finland 1: On indoor hard courts in Espoo, Finland, Francisco Cerundolo beat Otto Virtanen 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (3) to equalize. Emil Ruusuvuori kicked off the hosts by beating Pedro Cachin 7-5, 6-3.
▪ Netherlands 2, Slovakia 0: On indoor hard courts in Groningen, Netherlands, Tallon Greekspur and Tim Van Reithoven gave the hosts the lead with a three-set victory. Grikspor beat Lukas Klein 7:6 (6), 2:6, 6:4. Van Reithoven beat Alex Molkan 7-6 (6), 5-7, 6-3.
▪ Belgium 2, South Korea 0: On indoor hard courts in Seoul, David Goffin scored a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Song Chang Hong after Ziz Bergs had to work much harder in the first match. Bergs beat Sunwoo Kwon 1-6, 6-4, 7-6 (6).